Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Halo-Halo + Cake = Halo-Halo Cake

OK. I'm a sucker for dessert so this is a no-brainer.

One of my favorite lunch buddies invited me to lunch, after I'd had lunch so I said I'd join him but would order only dessert. He likes UCC and it's near our work place so. He had pasta, which looked appetizing but. I went over the dessert list and everything looked boring. Then the menu card caught my eye: Halo-Halo Cake. Intriguing.


I ordered it and happily, the picture nearly matched the actual product. The concept and presentation are actually impressive: Using ube cake as the base, the first layer is topped with custard (leche flan), and the second layer is topped with macapuno, langka, beans, saba and more custard, and everything is plated with a huge scoop of langka ice cream and corn flakes. Masarap sya! A keeper! I'd go to UCC again just for this. I wonder though if all UCC branches serve this. This must be a best-seller.

No comments:

EATERSHIP

If you like to eat well, live well, listen well and have the patience to go through my kilometric but hopefully entertaining blogs, then this is the page for you. I chose EATERSHIP because it sounds like "leadership," and because if you jumble it up, it could also read "hip eaters." Eat and read on!