Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Solar powered cell phone charging stations? YES!

I was at a mall recently to have my Mom's 8-year-old Nokia fixed. No, she doesn't want a new one because then she's have to learn a new set of keystrokes. Besides, newer phones don't have the ring tones (!) that she likes and is familiar with. Her phone has gone through so many case changes, fixes, etc., but she will not budge and change it. So we've had it fixed again and again.

Anyhow, I was at a mall and while waiting for my Mom's phone to be fixed, I noticed that my own was running low on power, so I asked the repair guy if I could charge my phone. He pointed me to the saleslady in the stall he was sharing space with, so I asked if I could charge my phone, and she said, "Twenty pesos po." Very enterprising.

Which is why when I saw this news article (http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/new-yorkers-welcome-city-s-solar-powered-cellphone-charge-stations-1.5516062?cmpid=am_New_York), I just had to share it.

I wonder if this is expensive because this would be totally cool and helpful for us.

(Photo from amnewyork/Getty Images)

No comments:

EATERSHIP

If you like to eat well, live well, listen well and have the patience to go through my kilometric but hopefully entertaining blogs, then this is the page for you. I chose EATERSHIP because it sounds like "leadership," and because if you jumble it up, it could also read "hip eaters." Eat and read on!